We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Scotland

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Scotland

We are planning a trip next Spring, and would like to know the 'must-sees' in Scotland. We will be in Edinburgh for a couple of days, and already know what to see there. We especially love the countryside, historical sights, castles, scenery. We don't hike or bike, but will probably rent a car. We will be there two weeks, possibly three.

What castles would you choose, if you could see just three? And which historic sights are tops? Do you have a favourite home/garden to explore?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a B & B where we could stay for several days, not expensive, and in a central location?

Thanks for your help.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Scotland

I think you're on the wrong forum.

Good luck - MMKoppes

Alpha Centauri
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Scotland

Hi- Have a look at www.undiscoveredscotland.com and consider a book "DK Eyewitness Guides to Scotland" or "Knopf's Guides to Scotland-they both have maximum photos so you can easily decide if a venue is something you may be interested in. They both have accomodation and restaurants, and one of the books even has a more selective smaller book called "Top10 in Scotland", smaller and easy to carry. Enjoy- Sandy

paisley
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Scotland

hi i know your on the wrong forum but im from paisley just outside glasgow so if i can help i will go see culzean castle in ayrshire rabbie burns house and castle menzies aberfeldy things to see are town of pitlochry (queens view, hermintage, dunkeld) and the blair athol distillery (i work for the company Diageo) go to see carnassarie castle at kilmartin you take in five castles in one trip at kilmartin, depends where you are planning on going but my fave place is lochlomond and luss you have to go just to see the water and scenery as for b&b's there is loads that are cheap nearer the time just decicde your trip and get on to tourist info any other questions please e mail me at loopyl3@hotmail.com if i dont hear from you have an excellent trip

4. Re: First time in Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:16