We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

Parma
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

Hi all, I'm Italian and I will go to Amsterdam for the New Year's Eve with my girlfriend. I was in Copenhagen last year, where I spent a fantastic night at Gammel strand restaurant, a cosy, romantic place. The menu was composed by 8 courses and 8 different wines, Frech-Danish High quality dishes. I'm looking for a similar restaurant, which offers a romantic dinner in 31 dec 2007. I'd like to try dutch dishes or French-inspired, but Quality must be high... Could someone help me to find it?

Thank you a lot!!!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

HI -

You would like Ciel Bleu - with views over the city. Great way to see the fireworks!

I suggest this although my last review wasn't favorable as I expect high qualtiy for those kinds of prices with a gourmet meal with matching wines.

Perhaps other people have other suggestions, but I had always heard if you are going out to eat NYE Ciel Bleu is the way to go - it's on the top of the Okura Hotel.

www.okura.nl

Have fun - MMKoppes

Parma
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

thank you very much MMKoppes!!!

I will wait for other suggestions like that and then I'll try to book the best (in my opinion).

May I know the price for a dinner at ciel blue?

Parma
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

I called Ciel Blue restaurant and they told me they are closed for NYE... :-(

Hilversum, The...
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

A lot of the nice restaurants are closed. :(

Of some of the restaurants I couldn't find information. You could try restaurant Vermeer or La Rive.

Parma
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

Thank you...

Vermeer restaurant is closed, La Rive is already fully booked!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa!

Last year I booked in December 30th, yeah, I was so lucky! But I supposed to be in time this year!!!

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

hi , yes you will have problems , already the two I would have recommended are "non-starters" ! Have you considered Sofitel The Grand (Cafe Roux ) , I dont know for sure if they are open NYE ,but do know they are open New Years Day as I have a table booked !!...geoff

ps if I come up with other suggestions I,ll let you know.

Matfield, Kent...
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

MMKoppes

City fireworks?? When and where is best to see them? I presume that these are set off at midnight on NYE?

Parma
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

Thank you all!

Finally I reserved a table at Cafe Roux. But I'm amenable to many other suggestions, because I can cancel the reservation if I find something better. In particular, I'm looking for a quiet place, for couples, also not included in luxury hotels.

Anyway, you've already helped me a lot.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

Not sure if you will find anything "better" than cafe roux; many of the top-end restaurants are closed (as you have alreday seen).

Try "Les Zinc et les Autres"on the Prinsengracht - great french inspired restaurant with high quality menu and wine list, including a wine arrangement.

check out: www.lezinc.nl/index.jsp…

Not sure if they are open on NYE, however!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
8 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: a special restaurant in Amsterdam - 31 december

I had a very nice meal at an elegant fish restaurant in Amsterdam called Lucius, in the city center. The website is www.lucius.nl

The full menu is on the website, and you'll see that is is a place for lovers of fish. What could be more romantic than oysters and champagne, followed by some lobster?

I haven't been back in several years, but I remember this place as a wonderful place to spend an evening.....very cozy and romantic and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Buon viaggio.....e buona forchetta!

--Ellen