We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the park with all the bronze lizards located?

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the park with all the bronze lizards located?

During my last trip to Amsterdam, we stumbled upon a small city park that had a whimsical collection of bronze lizard statues scattered about. I think it was somewhere near the Leidsplein, or perhaps on the other side of the river near Vondelpark? I've found lots of pictures on the web, but none contain info on exactly where it is. I'll be returning to AMS in May and would love to find it again. Does anyone have its location? Many thanks for your help.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the park with all the bronze lizards located?

Hi Sarah57 -

I think you mean the small park outside the movie theatre on the Leidseplein, across from De Balie cafe. That's the beginning of the Weteringschans if I'm not mistaken.

Here is the website about De Balie, from Iens. There is a map and the address. The park is across the street in front of the movie theatre.

iens.nl/restaurantsVan/…

Have fun - MMKoppes

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the park with all the bronze lizards located?

Yes , that is were they are , I dont know of any other place ... geoff

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the park with all the bronze lizards located?

Thanks so much for your help. This is simply a wonderful website, full of wonderful and helpful folks. I can't wait to go there again!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the park with all the bronze lizards located?

If you put "Kleine-Gartmanplantsoen" into the Google maps, you can 'see' the park (satellite)...

5. Re: Where is the park with all the bronze lizards located?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 10:36