We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

2 posts
Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

Hello, I have an overnight in Zurich and wanted to check out the nightlife. I'll be traveling solo and staying at the Crowne Plaza.

How safe is it walking from Hive back to the hotel between 2-4a? Looks like its a 20 min walk.

Are Ubers out that late?

6 replies to this topic
Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

Its perfectly safe to walk...

and yes, there are typically some ubers out at that time of night (more on weekends, less in the week...)

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
9,054 posts
1 review
2. Re: Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

And there are night buses, and even night trains...

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
521 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

As has been said, it's perfectly safe to walk at night here. The route from Hive to the Crowne Plaza is pretty much a straight line of the bridge at Hardbrucke, or you can catch the No.33 Triemli bus or the No.72 Morgental bus from Schiffbau to Albisriederplatz, which is 3 stops. After midnight, it would be the N5 Schmiede Wiedikon bus for the same route. It departs from Schiffbau at .37 and .07 past the hour and there's a CHF 5 supplement for using the night bus.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
354 reviews
4. Re: Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

Is it safe to [insert action] at [insert place] in Switzerland at [insert time].

The answer is yes unless you insert:

look like a tourist/at a main railway station/at any time

Then you have risk of being robbed. But not violently. And almost certainly by another 'tourist'.

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
521 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

Looking at JT's response, I'll be more specific.

As a woman, would I feel safe walking between Hive and the Crowne Plaza in the early hours? Yes. Absolutely. Done it a few of times.

If you do decide to walk, which I believe is the preferable option, when you come out of Hive, walk back to Hardbrucke station past Heilsarmee Brocki and Frau Gerolds Garten, then turn left and walk down the slope into the train station. On the right hand side, you'll find the lift which goes up to the platforms and the top button takes you to street level on the bridge over the station. Walk straight across the bridge, which is a busy, well lit, main road, until you reach the crossroads with Badnerstrasse, which is another very busy, well lit, main road, and turn right. Simple and should take about 15mins.

2 posts
6. Re: Zurich Late Night/Early Monring

Thanks alot for the info!

Reply to: Zurich Late Night/Early Monring
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted