We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alp views

Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Alp views

Hi

Will I see alp views if I limit my trip to Zurich and Lucerne? I may not have enough time to tra el to Zermatt?

4 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
106 posts
1. Re: Alp views

You will see alpine views from Lucerne, especially if you go up Rigi or Pilatus or Titlis. Rigi and Pilatus are easily accessible from Lucerne, and Titlis is a little bit further (take the train to Engelberg, then the cable car).

From Zurich, if it's clear you'll see Alps in the distance, but you're not in the Alps.

New York
Level Contributor
132 posts
2. Re: Alp views

Thanks. My husband can't do a lot of walking so views of the Alps are the best that we can do!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
106 posts
3. Re: Alp views

If your husband doesn't have a condition which makes being at high altitudes dangerous, you can still go up Rigi or Pilatus for the views. Both are accessible by cable car and/or cog-railway. Titlis is also reached by cable car, but it's a bit of a walk from the Engelberg train station to the cable car station (I suspect there's a bus or you could arrange a taxi though if you want to go there).

New York
Level Contributor
132 posts
4. Re: Alp views

Thanks. I will look into this.

Reply to: Alp views
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted