We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel a schengen country which is not issued my Schengen Vi

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Travel a schengen country which is not issued my Schengen Vi

Recently I have got Schengen visa from Switzerland embassy for my SriLankan passport. Now I am planning to go paris only. So can I use switzerland embassy's schengan visa to travel paris?

or Should my enrty/leave be to the country which issued my Schengen Visa.And Is any restriction to stay Switzerland for that visa

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,089 Reviews
from US$163.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
394 Reviews
from US$250.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,104 Reviews
from US$250.80*
1 reply
Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,700 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Travel a schengen country which is not issued my Schengen Vi

Regular Schengen visa are good for traveling in all Schengen country zone - Switzerland and Paris are part of.

In theory, border crossing ID (passport) checks have been abolished between Schengen countries - but exceptions are possible, at the moment France is allowed to proceed to border checks (as Germany, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) - have not seen checks the last few times I travelled from Switzerland to France, to Germany and from Germany to France (stopped only once for ID check last summer from Switzerland to Germany)

Most probably you will not encounter a border guard nor a customs official when crossing the border between Switzerland and France - but be aware that Switzerland does not belong to EU customs union, restrictions on transporting goods apply (especially food in larger quantities, alcoholic beverages, tobacco)

Reply to: Travel a schengen country which is not issued my Schengen Vi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted