We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
843 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket

Hello,

I'd like to go to the Rochers de Naye in a few days, and am a little bit puzzled when looking at the fares displayed on Goldenpass website:

Adult return ticket: 70 CHF

Day pass including train (return?) + ski lifts: 35 CHF

Day pass including ski lifts only: 20 CHF

Is this ski pass actually including the return train trip for half the regular price? If so, do anyone know if this ticket can be purchased from the vending machines, or only at the Goldenpass/MOB ticket office in Montreux station?

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,597 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket

The 35frs day ski pass does indeed cover the train and the ski lifts at the Rochers de Naye. But as you can imagine it is meant for skiers. If you are not a skier you might be told it isn't valid. To avoid this I suggest you call the MOB in Montreux station and ask them. +41 (0)21 989 81 90.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
843 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket

Thank you! I sent them an email and was quickly answered that they also offer a 35F return ticket for non-skiers (without the ski lifts) during the winter season - until April 2nd. That's good to know, as it s not clearly advertised on their website.

So I won't have to rent skis just to get the cheaper ticket! :D

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,597 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket

That is GOOD news. (and I suppose they could not do otherwise really...) Take advantage of it!

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
843 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket

So I can confirm the return trip is spontaneously offered at 35 CHF at Montreux ticket office, no need to ask for it. The ticket mentions "winter offer - non skier". Be aware that if purchased at the vending machines, the return trip is still charged 70 CHF.

Lots of snow there, and great views!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,597 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket

More good news and a good warning... do not use the Ticket machines. And for those holding the Riviera Card (people staying in Montreux and Vevey hotels, BnBs etc) do not get the supplement for this trip. Instead go to the Ticket office as nico_nc says and buy the 35frs ticket. You will save money.

Reply to: Montreux - Rochers de Naye return ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted