We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farm Stay for Family with 5-yr old near Lausanne

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Farm Stay for Family with 5-yr old near Lausanne

For late Aug. Looking for one which has separate cabin/chalet style accommodation if possible. Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: Farm Stay for Family with 5-yr old near Lausanne

Lausanne is down by the lake. There are accommodation options up in the local vineyards (which I am not very experienced with, but others could suggest if this interested you). There are some very basic options up on the plain, which is where gentle countryside begins (but I haven't seen anything yet where I'd want to stay), or there are a number of nice options up in the local mountains.

If you want to do what is called a night on the hay - where you stay in your sleeping bag on a bed of hay up in they hay loft of a working small farm. You can get a package which includes dinner and they have lots of small animals to play with.

http://www.chaletincrota.ch/

There is a hike of about an hour from the nearest bus stop to get there, or there is road access if you have a car. I would imagine they could arrange to pick you up from the bus stop if you asked. For planning purposes on www.rail.ch, the nearest bus stop is Les Rosalys, place.

There are also rustic hotels set in pastureland, so you would still be surrounded by cows etc. I have one in mind on a small nature reserve lake that might suit you:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g644345-d1416…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g644345-d1416…

The hotel has its own bus stop ("Lac des Joncs" - Summer only), and there is a nature themed adventure playground about 20 minutes walk away, so is very suitable for families. It's rather a traditional hotel and doesn't have its own website, so if you have no luck with contacting them via the email given, I would suggest booking through the helpful local tourist office.

Not set in farm land, but at a quiet end of the same village, by the forest there is some gite style accommodation. It is called Au Petit Gite and the bus stop is close by (Les Rosalys, place):

www.les-paccots.ch/en/list.cfm…

Just to let you know that as I stay in local family accommodation, I cannot specifically comment on rooms etc. However, in the case of the first two listed, I have eaten there many times and find them very nice.

Another interesting option would be the Plan Francey hotel above Moleson village. This is at the top of a funicular on Moleson mountain, set in pastureland. Again, I've eaten there, but not stayed:

http://www.planfrancey.ch/site/

For planning purposes on www.rail.ch the top of the funicular is called Plan Francey

I hope that starts you off.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Farm Stay for Family with 5-yr old near Lausanne

<Just to let you know that as I stay in local family accommodation, I cannot specifically comment on rooms etc. >

The rooms at the Auberge du Lac des Joncs are as you would expect - small, basic but clean, with shared bathroom facilities (not sure if they have any rooms with private bath or WC). I stayed there a couple of years ago during a snowshoeing tour and thought it was a great place. The owners are really friendly.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
98 reviews
3. Re: Farm Stay for Family with 5-yr old near Lausanne

Neuch - have you added your review to TA? You could make it clear it was a few years ago.

The one I really want to see reviewed is Les Rosalys. I like the food there, but I want to know what the rooms are like - in terms of comfort and noise in particular. This wouldn't be for me staying, but in terms of recommending it to people. Also, it's the most local to where I stay, so would be good for overspill.

4. Re: Farm Stay for Family with 5-yr old near Lausanne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 17:15