We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special occasion dinners

Chapel Hill, North...
8 posts
Save Topic
Special occasion dinners

Will be in Lausanne for our 45th anniversary. Grateful for any recommendations for restaurants for this special dinner celebration.

5 replies to this topic
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,522 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special occasion dinners

Depends on how much you want to spend. And whether you want to be in Lausanne (easy public transport) or have a car and would drive to a nearby town.

Within Lausanne - there is a wonderful restaurant at the Beau Rivage Hotel on the lake at Ouchy - Anne-Sophie Pic which is expensive but world class. Also the Café Beau Rivage, a lot less expensive but good.

In Crissier (need a car or a taxi) the Restaurant de l'Hotel de Ville is again world class, with prices to match. Not far from there in Vufflens le Château l'Ermitage des Ravet is great and they have rooms so you do not have to drive back after a dinner...

Chapel Hill, North...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Special occasion dinners

Many thanks for your quick reply. We'd rather stay in Lausanne for dinner and not have to drive that evening. I looked at the Anne-Sophie Pic menu and it is amazing but not quite what we are looking for. So, I looked at the menus for the Cafe Beau Rivage and L'Accademia and liked both. Which one do you think is quieter and has the best food?

Again, thank you so much for your time and sharing your knowledge and opinions.

paris london
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special occasion dinners

I've eaten at L'Accademia - a nice enough Italian restaurant, especially if you can sit on the terrace, but I wouldn't call it 'special occasion'. Anne-Sophie Pic on the other hand really is world class as Hambagahle says, and would be a meal to remember - what puts you off?

If you can be more specific about what you're after you might get more suitable suggestions.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,522 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special occasion dinners

We eat relatively often at the Café Beau Rivage and love it. Especially in summer, on a nice day when you can sit outside. Food is very good. Mid range prices for what they offer. I have not eaten at the Accademia probably because since we are so close to Italy here (in Martigny) Italian food doesn't really attract us unless we go to italy to have it, which we can - for lunch.

There is another thing you could consider. The Beau Rivage caters dinners on one of the Belle Epoque paddle wheel lake steamers. THAT would be a wonderful way to celebrate a special occasion. They sail from and to Ouchy (which is where the Beau Rivage is). See this for more info - www.cgn.ch

Chapel Hill, North...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Special occasion dinners

Thanks, Hambagahle. I checked the paddle wheel lake steamers and it appears they aren't sailing on May 13th. Too early in the session I guess. My hesitation on booking the Anne-Sophie Pic is that the prices are more than we want to spend. We will probably go with the Cafe Beau Rivage and a very good bottle of champagne!

Many, many thanks for your advice and suggestions!

Reply to: Special occasion dinners
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted