We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Conditions

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Current Conditions

Not much talk about what look to be great snow conditions. Can anyone comment first hand?

Zermatt, Switzerland
Level Contributor
620 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Conditions

Sorry. Too busy out enjoying it. Lots of snow came with lots of wind. Most of the resort will open as soon as they can get the slopes prepared. Zermatt is in great shape!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Conditions

Don't rub it in Paul! I'm really pleased for you all and things look great for Christmas. Just as well I didn't make it for my pre-Christmas weekend. I would be on the train home this morning after a weekend with more drinking/eating than skiing I suspect.

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Conditions

And more snow in the forecast for tomorrow! Looks like a lot of fun.

Zermatt, Switzerland
Level Contributor
620 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Conditions

Forecast was wrong for today. It's still snowing in town now (kind of). Temperature has dropped. it's real cold up there!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
36,216 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Conditions

There is TOO much snow!! Largest snowfall was at Anzère where they recorded 1m90 in two days!! And it all came so quckly that, with no base, the avalanche risk is very high all over the canton. In fact Ihave never seen an avalanche danger map that was all in one colour before!!

Forecast is for more snow tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday and then partly sunny from Friday on. We did have some sun in the central part f the Valais this morning and then it clouded over... and started snowing again, right down to the plain.

The weather gods have tried to compensate for "forgetting" us in the autumn.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current Conditions

Sunshine breaking through at Rothorn Paul.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current Conditions

The webcam shots at 4.00pm (Swiss local time) were stunning. Evening sunshine at Rothorn and on the Matterhorn. Drizzle and +1C in the UK.

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current Conditions

Sounds like heaven. I arrive in 4 weeks, leave some snow for us.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current Conditions

It's still coming down!

Zermatt, Switzerland
Level Contributor
620 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current Conditions

Another 3 inches of fresh up top first thing this morning and it's snowed heavily all day. Looks like the temperatures are rising fast though. Above freezing in the village on Thursday!