We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valle Verzasca from Lugano

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Valle Verzasca from Lugano

I know that it is technically possible to get to Valle Verzasca from Lugano by a combination of public transport (trains and bus combo), but I am concerned about the availability of seating on a busy summer Sunday Mid August). Does anyone know if the bus seats in particular tend to fill up or can be reserved ahead of time? I worry that once we get there it may not be so easy to get back- it doesn't seem like there are that many runs each day. Alternately, are there any group-type bus tours that go there that we could book seats on, either from Lugano or Locarno? Thanks...

Mentioned in this post
Valle Verzasca
Valle Verzasca
433 Reviews
Vogorno, Switzerland
Lugano
Lugano
Canton of Ticino, Switzerland
Locarno
Locarno
Lake Maggiore, Switzerland
3 replies to this topic
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,707 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valle Verzasca from Lugano

How exactly do you mean "availability of seating"? You just buy a ticket and get onto the next train/bus. Don't make it more complicated than it is.

On days with expected high passenger numbers the buses often run in double or even triple "packs".

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valle Verzasca from Lugano

I was worried that the bus might be full when we wanted to get on, but if they run extra buses on busy days that helps answer that question, thanks!

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valle Verzasca from Lugano

The other good news is that the train and bus fares will be covered by the free Ticino Ticket you will receive from your hotel.

www.ticino.ch/ticket.html…

Mentioned in this post
Canton of Ticino
Canton of Ticino
Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Reply to: Valle Verzasca from Lugano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Canton of Ticino