We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking in Murren and environs

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Biking in Murren and environs

I've tried researching and I can't seem to find anything. I'm looking for a place where I can rent a bike for a few hours to bike from Murren and explore the area. How much would that cost and where could I rent from?

Mentioned in this post
Murren
Murren
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking in Murren and environs

Could not find the exact name of the bike shop in Murren but it's right in town and easy to find. Just ask anyone. There is also one in Lauterbrunnen down in the valley. If you are intending to go this season they may be closed by around the 15th of the month.

Link to the one in Lauterbrunnen http://www.imboden-bike.ch/de/home/index.html

You can check for rates there. The rates in Lauterbrunnen and Murren should be the same.

Mentioned in this post
Murren
Murren
Lauterbrunnen
Lauterbrunnen
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
742 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking in Murren and environs

The Muerren sport shop is INTERSPORT Stäger-Sport. Their website is still setup for winter sports, but I do believe they rent bikes.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biking in Murren and environs

Sounds great, thank you. I'm still not sure if I want to make Murren or Lauterbrunnen my home base, so having suggestions for both is great to know. I'm planning on going next summer.

Mentioned in this post
Murren
Murren
Lauterbrunnen
Lauterbrunnen
San Diego...
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biking in Murren and environs

Those two towns are very different for biking. Generally Murren is great for more hard-core mountain biking. It is hilly or mountainous in almost every direction. Intersport rents very good mt. bikes at a fairly high price.

On the other hand Lauterbrunnen is almost perfectly flat. The ride from the train station to the end of the valley is pure pleasure with fantastic views skyward at all times. There is at least one rental place near the train station and the bikes are pretty basic and cheap. As far as where to stay though, if you can afford it, Murren is better.

Mentioned in this post
Murren
Murren
Lauterbrunnen
Lauterbrunnen
5. Re: Biking in Murren and environs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2018, 05:16