We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Murren

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
64 posts
71 reviews
October in Murren

Hi all! We are planning a trip to Murren from 4-8 October 2016. Our flight arrives to Zurich airport at 10.20 in the morning. I am thinking about staying all the days in Murren, because I don't want to use a car or to move a lot. We will have our 4,5 y.o. son with us. So, the question is: what do you suggest for our trip? We want to make easy hikes, so as not to trouble our toddler. Can you suggest a program? Also, is there any doctor or hospital in Murren, just in case of emergency? What time do the restaurants close for dinner? Any idea of the weather on the first week of October? I read in a forum that some sights or cable cars close in October, is it true?

Best regards from Athens

Argyro

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
64 posts
71 reviews
11. Re: October in Murren

I would prefer to make it day-by-day, because I don t know if the weather will be good or not. Maybe it is better to book hotel at last, because if the weather will be rainy we willnot have many options in Murren. What do you think?

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
645 posts
11 reviews
12. Re: October in Murren

If you have the proper rain gear (raincoat and waterproof athletic shoes), it may still be possible to get out and do some hikes (if the rain isn't coming down too hard). I have not spent any time in the area in October, but often mountain weather can consist of afternoon showers; however, the mornings and early afternoon may still be nice. Or vice versa where you wake up to rain and then it clears later in the day. For the most part, I wouldn't let the weather be too much of a deterrent to doing what you want to do. That said, its good to have backups in case the weather is exceptionally bad. Mürren and the surrounding area are still lovely, rain or shine and you can take day trips to the other villages relatively easily. What are you considering as an alternative at this point?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
64 posts
71 reviews
13. Re: October in Murren

I am still searching about alternative options in case of hard rain. Maybe going to Interlaken or something like this. But I still hope that the weather will be with us, as always in previously trips!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
64 posts
71 reviews
14. Re: October in Murren

One more question pls. Do they accept credit cards at the mountains? Should I have to change a lot of Euros to CHF at the airport?

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
645 posts
11 reviews
15. Re: October in Murren

You should be able to use a credit card almost anywhere. I always carry some CHF on me but reserve it for smaller purchases and use my credit card for most purchases. Be sure to check if your credit card offers no foreign transaction fees before you leave. Also, you'll get the best currency conversion if you choose to pay for your purchases in CHF when prompted by the credit card machine at shops, restaurants, hotels, etc.

Edited: 20 September 2016, 23:46
16. Re: October in Murren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Murren
Recent Conversations