We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

May I confirm the following

1. From Murren to Gimmelwald is to take a cable car right?

2. From Gimmelwald to Grindelwald is to take a cable car from Gimmelwald to Stechelberg, then take a bus to Lauterbrunnen and take a train to Grindelwald right?

3. Based on what I have looked at SBB, it seems that I have to walk 5 mins from Stechelberg (Schilthornbahn) to Stechelberg, Schilthornbahn which by name seems the same except the bracket, so I am confused. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks,

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
1. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

Hi

Yes and yes. You can also walk down from Murren to Gimmelwald.

You get the bus at the Stechleberg schilthornbarn. You don't walk to Stechleberg itself which is in the opposite direction to Lauterbrunnen. This will be totally clear when you are there, so no need for concern.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,061 posts
348 reviews
2. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

Ian1291 is correct in saying it will be understand easily when you are there. You do not have to transit through Gimmelwald and Schilthornbahn to get down to Lauterbrunnen for your train. The Schilthornbahn is on one side of Murren while the train station (more direct route to Lauterbrunnen) is on the opposite side of Murren.

Both of the connections will get you to Lauterbrunnen.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
3. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

This map should help.

www.gimmelwald.ch/pic/inset/wanderkarte.pdf

Spiez, Switzerland
Level Contributor
345 posts
4. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

You can also walk down, especially from Mürren to Gimmelwald. A rather easy stroll.

Stechelberg (Schilthornbahn) designates the bottom station of the cable car, while Stechelberg, Schilthornbahn designates the bus stop just in front of it.

And you will have to change trains in Zweilütschinen. But this is no issue neither.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

Thanks for all the information. Just wondering how long does it take to walk from Murren to Gimmelwald?

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,061 posts
348 reviews
6. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

Depends on how fast you walk or if you stop along the way to admire the wildflower, the cows, the pony, the snack shop, the snow covered alps in across the valley...you can walk it briskly while looking at the ground and seeing nothing in about 10 minutes. It's an enjoyable 45 minute - hour stroll.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

Hi- Am planning a day trip to Murren in the month of June. I would be staying at Wilderwil.

I would be travelling with a 6 year old. This is what I have planned. Can you please suggest if this seems doable. I wasn't to keep it fun but easy.. so that my 6 year old can enjoy !

Reach Murren by train from Wilderswil

Stroll around Murren

Go up schilthorn and have a meal

Take the stroll from Murren to Gimmelwald

Take the train back to Wilderwil

California
Level Contributor
556 posts
80 reviews
8. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

smriti14: You've already asked this question on another thread. Please ask a question only once.

9. Re: Murren to Gimmelwald and from Murren Grindelwald

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2018, 05:17