We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

interloken or murren to stay

maryland
Level Contributor
63 posts
24 reviews
interloken or murren to stay

which is best the eiger hotel or the lindner beau ravage, my dad is 94 yrs old, I checked and the altitude in Murren is about 4000 feet, I think he will be fine as they say airplanes don't get pressurized until 6000 ft

India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
180 reviews
1. Re: interloken or murren to stay

A polite suggestion ! Stay in Interlaken, as any medical help is just a call away, if required. It's a town with all facilities available whereas Murren is a small place. In off season, most of the village is closed.

I salute you for taking your father to this beautiful country. Have wonderful trip !

Please read the reviews of the two hotels you have mentioned, on TA. I haven't stayed in either.

Edited: 22 July 2016, 10:10
Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,077 posts
347 reviews
2. Re: interloken or murren to stay

Murren is by far more beautiful than Interlaken. Your father is 94 and this might be his one and only time to see the grandeur of the alpine villages. Yes, by all means, stay high up in Murren.

India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
180 reviews
3. Re: interloken or murren to stay

Murren no doubt is very beautiful. Interlaken doesn’t even comes close to it.

Entirely your call. Enjoy whatever you decide.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,461 posts
149 reviews
4. Re: interloken or murren to stay

I would suggest Grindelwald or Wengen, both are much easier to get to than Murren. Murren can feel more cut of and needs 2 changes of transport from Interlaken, Wengen 1 change and Grindelwald no changes.

Wengen is more in the centre of the region with several option to get across to each side. Grindelwald is busier than all the other villages and if he wants to sit in cafes and people watch it's a great place. Murren is a bit of a trek to get to other places, always having to take cable car and bus or tram and cable car before even getting to Lauterbrunnen.

Where ever you stay I'm sure you'll have a good holiday. By the way when are you going, that makes a difference where to stay.

Enjoy.

maryland
Level Contributor
63 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: interloken or murren to stay

we are only staying 2 nights, we arrive on the 4th of September from Zurich and leave on the 6th. We currently have reservations at the hotel Eiger. So I thought he can sit and look at the scenery while we go to Schilthorn, or we can go back down to Interloken to travel around the lake. I am planning to buy a swiss pass for the week for ease of transportation so we can hop on and off any tram at any time. Does anyone know if they transfer the luggage for you from the train to the gondola or if we will collect our luggage. we all travel with one carry on, light.

6. Re: interloken or murren to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2017, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Murren