We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murren to Jungfrau

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Murren to Jungfrau

Forgive me if this information is posted elsewhere, but I have searched for it and can't find it.

I'm trying to figure out whether it would be better to travel from Interlochen to Jungfrau or Murren to Jungfrau. Is rail available from Murren to Jungfrau direct, or do you have to change trains in Wengen or elsewhere?

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Murren to Jungfrau

>whether it would be better to travel from Interlochen to Jungfrau or Murren to Jungfrau.

It is more a question of whether it is better to stay in Interlaken or Mürren. Suggest you do some reearch at www.myswitzerland.com/en-gb/home.html

>Is rail available from Murren to Jungfrau direct.

No. See map for routing. You will need to change to cable car at Grütschalp. Then to train at Lauterbrunnen and again at Kleine Scheidegg.

jungfrau.ch/fileadmin/…So_Pano_JB_Pass.jpg

Wichita Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
211 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Murren to Jungfrau

For both Murren and Interlaken as a base, you could change trains at Lauterbrunnen (from Interlaken, you could go through Grindewald, instead, but that doesn't save you any time or money).

From Murren, you take the train to Grutschalp, and cable car down to Lauterbrunnen, or take the cable car down to Stechelberg, and the bus from there to Murren. In my opinion, the advantage of Murren over Interlaken is that, when you get up and going in the morning, you can actually see the Jungfaujoch, and get an first hand view of what the weather situation is. The online sites are helpful, but the final decision on whether or not that day is going to be suitable for the Jungfrau is best made by simply looking at the conditions first thing in the morning when you are ready to start the journey. You can't do that from a hotel in Interlaken--there you have to rely on forecasts and web cams.

3. Re: Murren to Jungfrau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2017, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Murren
Recent Conversations