We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murren on Sunday 30th April

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
12 reviews
Murren on Sunday 30th April

I appreciate that it's well and truly out season, but is anything likely to be open on Sunday 30th April in Murren please. My son and I are going to either Murren or Wengen for the day and will be looking for something to eat when we get there - either a sit down meal or even just a shop where we can buy stuff for a picnic (baguette, sandwich etc) - we don't mind which.

Thank you

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Murren on Sunday 30th April

Don't know if it makes any difference or not but we won't get there until approx 2:30pm

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
2. Re: Murren on Sunday 30th April

Doesn't the co-op in Wengen now open on Sundays?

Hope you are going to tell us about your day trip!

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Murren on Sunday 30th April

No, Wengen's Coop isn't open on that particular Sunday as confirmed by Krist V. Actually plans have developed a little since I originally posted about my trip. I'm now taking my 15 y.o. son with me but he has no idea where he's going! All he knows is that dad is taking him on a crazy day trip - He loves Switzerland just as much as I do but he thinks we're going to Scotland! I'd love to get a photo of his face when the penny drops!

The plan at the moment is to head off from the airport towards Wengen, but as we get closer I'm going to give my son the choice of either Wengen or Murren (he's familiar with both). If we do go to Murren, my plan at the moment is to take the cable car from Lauterbrunnen up to Grutscahlp, then walk to Winteregg (having our packed lunch along the way) before catching the train the rest of the way to Murren . After arriving at Murren the plan is to stroll leisurely through the village to the Schilthorn cablecar station then descending by cablecar down to Stechelberg then bus back to Lauterbrunnen before catching the train back to the airport.

I have all the timings planned out. The only things that concern me a little are the weather and the arrival time of my flight from Manchester. The weather I can't do a thing about, but if the flight is late we'll either catch a later train or change our plans completely and head down Lake Geneva to Montreux instead.

However it ends up I will absolutely report back on our experience. I must say, if it wasn't for Easyjet providing perfectly timed and very cheap flights then this wouldn't be possible, so thanks go to them.

4. Re: Murren on Sunday 30th April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2018, 05:18