We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cableway to Schilthorn

Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
1 review
Cableway to Schilthorn

Can someone clarify a few questions I have regarding the cableway to Schilthorn?

- Is there an actual hop on and hop off stop on Gimmelwald? I will be hiking from Murren to Gimmelwald and would like to then take the cable way from Gimmelwald back to Murren and then transfer up to birg/Schilthorn.

- If there is a hop on hop off stop in Gimmelwald is there a price difference than the ticket price for starting the journey from Stechelberg since I wont be using that section of the lift? The ticket sales i'm seeing online aren't the most clear.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
1. Re: Cableway to Schilthorn

In answer to your question about getting on or off at Gimmelwald yes you can, but i have no idea of the price difference.

Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Cableway to Schilthorn

That's great news. Thank you for your response. The price is ultimately irrelevant (more curious than anything). The fact that we are able to hop on in Gimmelwald and then transfer in Murren helps with the convenience factor

W. Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Cableway to Schilthorn

There are several separate sections of the Schilthornbahn cableway. Starting on the valley floor at Stechelberg the first section goes from Stechelberg up to Gimmelwald. The next section (change of cars) goes from Gimmelwald up to Murren. The third section (again with a change of cars) goes from Murren up to the Birg station and the final fourth section (and change of cars) goes from the Birg station up to the Schilthorn.

Each section has it's own fare. You can get on or off at any of the stations you just have to wait for the next cablecar.

4. Re: Cableway to Schilthorn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2018, 06:17