We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking lot in Interlaken

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Topic
parking lot in Interlaken

while going to visit Bern I thought to find a parking in Bern but I saw it costs around 40-50 CHF for 10 hours while a ticket in SBB is only 13 CHF. My question if there is a parking lot close to the train station in Interlaken towards Bern and how much will it cost me for around 10 hours?

Is it covered (a garage)? I'm afraid someone will break into.

I'm staying in Iseltwald (with a car) so thought it might be good idea also to experience Swiss train system.

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

Hi Michel!

There is a parking at Interlaken Ost station which costs around CHF 5.00 per day, but it's not covered.

But what about leaving the car in Iseltwald? With the visitor's card from your hotel or apartment you get free travel by bus to Interlaken.

Enjoy your stay in Interlaken!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

Do you recommend me to go by train to Bern or by Car - It is more fexible to be with a car - if won't find anything much to do in Bern we can go to MURTEN or Grouyer/Broc or any place else (Thun??) but with train we have a chance to experience the swiss train system since most of the time we will be with a car.

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,899 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

Hi michel, did you see the walking tour , how to see Bern?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188052-c127052/Bern:…

On the same page, there are more articles for Bern ( right)

The tour starts near the station, means the station is near the city-centre.

If you would not like it( I'm sure you will), take the next train back and stop in Thun (same ticket, just a stop)

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

Dear Michel! I suggest you to travel by train as it is sometimes quite difficult to find parkings in the cities. It is not a problem to explore these places by train. On the following link you can check the departure and arrival times of the trains: http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html. I hope that helps!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

Thanks!

Will I not be able to find parking space in one of the parking lots? I've found that even if I stay for 10 hours it will cost me 40-50 CHF for parking lot. with train it will cost each person 13x2=26 CHF for Bern and back. We will be few people so parking might be cheaper and more flexible ,unless there are other advantages for train (nice experience, special view etc).

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

Return fare Interlaken Ost to Bern is 52 CHF, You have looked at the default Half-Fare shown on the SBB site.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

it's quite expensive, so since we will be 3-4 people it will be cheaper to go by car which is 50CHF for parking at the most.

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,899 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

You'r right 50 is less than 150 or 200.

I give you the links for travelling by car in english

bern.com/en/…traveling-by-car

and french

bern.com/fr/…arriver-en-voiture

I think you will find there all you need to know

Another question would be: Do you go nowhere else by train like Jungfraujoch? May be you should think about the pass for Bernese Oberland

www.regiopass-berneroberland.ch//home-en

www.regiopass-berneroberland.ch//home-fr

9. Re: parking lot in Interlaken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:43