We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

California
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

Hello,

I will be in Interlaken for 2 days in September.

Is it advisable to book train tickets in advance for a day trip to Jungfraujoch? I noticed there are several train services a day.

Thanks,

Blue

2 replies to this topic
Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,700 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

If not having a special reason, never buy tickets for mountain excursions before having somehow reliable information on weather and visibility (meaning often enough just hours for Jungfraujoch) or you take chances being stuck with a non-refundable ticket for a trip at a bad time (weatherwise)

There is a passenger number limit set by the railway company for a day - should not be really a problem in September (especially not later in September).

In case you want to be on the really safe side you can buy a reservation for a specific train - https:/… - a bargain compared to the price of tickets you can buy then just before departure in addition to the reservation - or abandon reservation.

Edited: 05 July 2018, 13:24
Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
872 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

i am going in a few days and will try and go first thing in the morning to have the least crowds. ive been advised to make the decision the day before to see how the weather is.

Reply to: Interlaken to Jungfraujoch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted