We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is recommended place to stay overnight. Interlaken or...

2 posts
Save Topic
Which is recommended place to stay overnight. Interlaken or...

Planning to do a 3 days 2 nights journey from Zurich - Lucerne - Interlaken - Bern. Which is the recommended location to stay overnight?

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Interlaken Youth Hostel
Interlaken Youth Hostel
297 Reviews
Interlaken, Switzerland
3 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is recommended place to stay overnight. Interlaken or...

It depends what you want to do and what you are interested in. The places are different in character to each other.

When posting it really helps if you give as much information as possible, we don’t know what interest you about these places.

I suggest that you look at the ‘my Switzerland ‘ web site and this will give you information about these places. Only you know what you are looking for.

Happy planning and do come back once you kphave an idea what you are looking for.

Mentioned in this post
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is recommended place to stay overnight. Interlaken or...

Thanks for the feedback. Im traveling with my wife from Zurich on the frst day and planning just to strolling around Lucerne (visit city attractions). Next day will take the train to Interlaken and enjoy the scenery along the stretch of Golden Rail Pass. im not looking for a hiking or any sort of outdoor activities. Mybe a daily trip up to Grindelwald and back. Still thinking whether I should stay overnight in Interlaken or Berne on my 2nd day?

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
Interlaken
Interlaken
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,422 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is recommended place to stay overnight. Interlaken or...

If you aren't looking to hike or go up to the Bernese Oberland mountains, then I suggest you don't bother with Golden Pass train, Interlaken or Grindelwald. Taking the train to Interlaken just for a short trip to Grindelwald doesn't make sense). Just stay put at Lucerne. Do a lake cruise. If you are up for it, combine the cruise with a visit to Mt. Rigi. Take a day trip to Bern. You can then stay put at your Lucerne base without moving around constantly.

Mentioned in this post
Bernese Oberland
Bernese Oberland
Canton of Bern, Switzerland
Interlaken
Interlaken
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
Mt. Rigi
Mt. Rigi
1,963 Reviews
Lucerne, Switzerland
Bern
Bern
Bern Mittelland District, Switzerland
Reply to: Which is recommended place to stay overnight. Interlaken or...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted