We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train trip to Tirano via Bernina Express

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
471 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Train trip to Tirano via Bernina Express

I wonder if someone can assist with a Swiss rail ticket I purchased online today. The ticket download itself has no details about the connections or any information that I have indeed booked the Bernina Express. The ticket simply shows the date, the price and the start and end points with a QR code. I did click the link for details of the journey, which shows the Bernina Express train 953 from Chur. However, I was not given an opportunity to select seats on that train which I understand are mandatory. I will not be in Switzerland to get this straightened out until 4\11. Am I likley to have a problem?

Burgess Hill
Level Contributor
323 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train trip to Tirano via Bernina Express

From what you have said it seems you only have a travel ticket. Nearly all tickets in Switzerland are valid on any time train..

You could leave it until you get there, but you can make a reservation online for SFr10

https:/…bernina-express

This is the Rhb website..

You start just as if you are buying a ticket, but when you get to " 2 Passengers" you select the number of seats you require then there is a drop down box marked "Ticket/Reductions" where you select "Ticket Available" From there you just select the seat(s0 you need...

I hope this helps..

2. Re: Train trip to Tirano via Bernina Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2017, 06:17