We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Pass

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
7 posts
Save Topic
Swiss Pass

Hi, urgently need help on this!!

I will be traveling to Switzerland on 29th nov for 5 days and I would like to get a Swiss Pass. If I bought the Swiss pass online where do I get it from.

And if I traveling from Zermatt to Venice ,will the journey be covered under the Swiss pass or the pass will only cover up to the swiss border?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss Pass

Hi Janet8690

You can buy your Swiss Pass at the railway station of the airport (below the airport, follow the signs).

The Swiss Pass will be valid from Zermatt to Domodossola. From there you will need a ticket as the rest of your trip is in Italy.

pore

Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss Pass

Is the purchase of Swiss Pass available at other train station? Because I am coming from Chamonix to Martigny. It will be quite inconvenient for me to travel all the way to the railway station of the airport just to buy the pass.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss Pass

Yes, Janet8690, you can get them from any Swiss railway station with counters.

pore

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swiss Pass

Janet, when going from Zermatt to Venice it's best to buy the "Italian" train ticket in Switzerland - ask for a ticket from Zermatt to Venice and show the Swiss Pass so that the guy at the ticket counter knows just to charge for the Italian part of the journey. In this way you get all your seat reservations and the itinerary printed out for you. If you don't have the ticket in advance you need to get off the train at the border to buy the ticket and lose time waiting and queueing.

In fact you can reserve the ticket online (it does allow for you to have a Swiss Pass) and collect it at the ticket counter in any train station in Switzerland, eg collect the ticket same time as you get the Swiss Pass.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Swiss Pass

Ask at the train station in Chamonix. Maybe you can get the Swiss Pass there as well. As much as I know the Swiss Pass even includes the part Chamonix to the border and for sure for the Swiss part to Martigny.

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swiss Pass

If the Swiss Pass you are talking about is the 4 days Swiss Pass, then you can get the same from Dynasty travels in Singapore across the table at a rate which is cheaper then what you will pay in Switzerland.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Hope it helps

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Swiss Pass

Hi There,

It seems you been to europe recently, need your suggestions...

Where can i reach you in singapore ?

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swiss Pass

I am based at Bangalore, India

All my comments on the forum are based on the research I am doing for my own forthcoming trip to France, Switzerland & Italy

Edited: 19 November 2011, 02:34
Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Swiss Pass

Hey, when are you travelling ?

I book the ticket for this jan and will be flying to rome and moving back from paris to singapore...

Are you planning to travel during this time ?

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
549 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swiss Pass

Hi

I am sorry

I am travelling only in July/August 2012

Too cold at this time of the year