We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Casella Resort

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
La Casella Resort

My friend and I will be staying at La Casella Resort in Ficulle. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to do while we are there? We are definitely going to Rome, Venice and Florence while in Italy, but what is there to do around the resort?

Umbria
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Casella Resort

Ficulle is kind of "in the middle of nowhere" for us Umbrians. It is a beautiful area surrounded by hills and mountains, but not a whole lot going on unless you like long walks in the mountains. Orvieto is about 30 minutes away by car and the central Umbrian valley: Perugia, Spello, Montefalco, Bevagna etc is about 90 minutes away.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Casella Resort

Thank you for your help! We planned on going horseback riding while at the resort and relaxing for a bit, however we also want some nightlife! We are going to rent a car in order to get to La Casella, so we'll have transportation. Does Orvieto offer any sort of nightlife? Or what do Umbrians do on the weekends? We're both single girls! lol

Umbria
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Casella Resort

Orvieto has some nightlife...but most places tend to close by midnight. Google "Oriveto discoteca" for clubs in the area. Be careful though - you will be driving on dark, windy, mountain roads at night!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Casella Resort

Everything closes at midnight?? Or just the places in Orvieto?? Please tell me it's just the places there!! lol

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Casella Resort

I'm thinking of staying here. How difficult of a drive is it to the La Casella resort? Do you need a four wheel drive or will a normal rental car get you there? How long of drive from resort to the city of Fabro or the A1 highway?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Casella Resort

How ironic that you posted this today! I literally JUST returned today about 30min. ago. It is such an amazing resort! It is a small family run business and they truly make you feel at home while you're there. The drive up to the resort is a bit tough, it's an all dirt, winding road with a lot of pot holes! We had a normal rental car, but did lose a couple of hubcaps during the week! lol (Though my friend did take the road a bit fast....) It takes about 10 minutes to drive up the dirt road, so you're about 20min. from Fabro and the A1 highway.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Casella Resort

Jennifer, I just wanted to let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed my time at La Casella!! Orvieto was absolutely gorgeous, though the extremely narrow streets made us a tad nervous. lol Thank you again for your help and advice!!

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Casella Resort

I'm looking into staying at La Casella. I've read about the dirt road to the resort. Do you need a four wheel drive to get there? Is the road usable if it rains?

Thanks

Paul

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Casella Resort

Thank you very much Kristi. I thought I was posting in a different forum and didn't see your response. If you have any other information you can share about the resort and area I'd appreciate it. We have not been to Italy before and would use the resort as a base for a week to see the surrounding area. We will stay a few night in Rome and msybe Venice. I'm trading with RCI and have to decide if we will accept it tomorrow, Monday. We won't be traveling until May 2013.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Casella Resort

Paul....You may be better off being further into Umbria if you intend to be tripping about.

perhaps Spello...Montefalco. I for one would never send a first timer that far out into the country when the small villages are so good to experience.