We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vinci & Medici Villages

Which Vinci hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
515 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Vinci & Medici Villages

I'll be going to tuscany in October & staying mostly in Montecatini. Every other day we have a tour plus a number of optional tours we can opt to take. If you don't take the optional tours then you stay in Montecatini.

They are offering a day trip to Vinci & Medici villages-to visit the birth place of Leonardo di Vinci,the Museo Leonardiano,the medicean villa-La Ferdinanda--has anyone done this & is it something that I shouldn't miss? ?? I do visit museums but much prefer seeing other things then museums.

thank you

5 replies to this topic
Tuscany Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vinci & Medici Villages

Here is my blog post on Vinci, it is only my opinion of course, but maybe it will help you to decide it it is for you or not. Not visited the villa in question. …wordpress.com/2011/…

montreal
Level Contributor
515 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vinci & Medici Villages

Thank you so much-a hard call,have you been or heard of the other town-Medici Village??

thank you so much

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vinci & Medici Villages

There are some 16 major Medicean villas and 11 minor ones in Tuscany, mostly quite near Florence. Villa "La Ferdinanda" is often referred to as "Villa di Artimino" or the "Villa of the Hundred Chimneys" and is well worth a visit - frescoes and all the things you would expect in a Medici villa. In the cellars there is a quite famous collection of Etruscan artifacts. For general info on Tuscan villas look at http://www.villas-of-tuscany.info and http://www.gardens-of-tuscany.net

montreal
Level Contributor
515 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vinci & Medici Villages

For sure judging by the description I would not be interested in seeing the vinci village plus I will be constantly busy with lots of tours.

Thank you for your input re the Villa Ferdinanda-to be honest I'm not that interested in artifacts--I'm wondering if I'd be better off exploring montecatini where I am based. Has anyone else seen the Villa Artimino (La Ferdinanda)??

thank you

Tuscany Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vinci & Medici Villages

Montecatini Terme is well worth exploring. The spa buildings in the park are very elegant and each in a varied architectural style. Also the funicular which dates back to 1898 and goes up to the quaint old village of Montecatini Alto on the hill top is good, excellent views from up there. www.funicolare1898.it/english/index.htm

Reply to: Vinci & Medici Villages
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted