We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery or Farmhouse Lunch

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Winery or Farmhouse Lunch

My wife and I will be in Lucca mid-October for one day. We would like to have an outdoor lunch at a winery or farmhouse. We won't have a car and we don't want to be with 50 tourists. We would really like something sort of private and authentic. I know it's asking alot but does anyone have any ideas?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery or Farmhouse Lunch

I don't think there are any winery inside the wall perimeter of Lucca but if you do a little effort, will make your goal. Fattoria La Torre Just outside Montecarlo (not the eclave of France) produces syrah,viognier,vermentino and cabernet. The cellar is open for tasting every day and other productes to purchase are EVOO, biscuits,honey and grappa.

The 30 seats restaurant is opened dayly except tuesdays.

Getting there: Jump on the regional train at 12.40; arrive at Altopascio after NINE minutes. Most likely there will be a bus connection serving students, once you'll ask remember about the return as well. Otherwise the 3.5 km missing from Altopascio train station can be covered by a taxi charging 20-25 euros. To contact the winery will take 2 minutes of your time.

www.fattorialatorre.it

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery or Farmhouse Lunch

Hi,

You could contact http://www.notordinaryways.com/ they are based within the city walls, have not used them ourselves. Just a note, there is more than enough to see and do plus many great restaurants within the city walls for anyone visting on a day trip.

mesh

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winery or Farmhouse Lunch

What is your true goal for going - for one day - to Lucca? Winery and farmhouse experiences do not exist within the walls of Lucca - to my knowledge. But there is so much, so very much that DOES and I'd hate for you to miss all that Lucca is. I've been going consistently for 17 years (got you beat, Mesh) and have not done, seen, enjoyed, experienced all that one can embrace inside the lovely Lucchese walls. Is there any way you could devote a day to Lucca and another day to your winery and/or farmhouse pursuit?

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winery or Farmhouse Lunch

Hi again,

I concur totally with SavannahMame, you could spend a lifetime in Lucca and not experience all that the city has to offer! (I'm trying my best to reach your record of 17 years SavannahMame!)

mesh

5. Re: Winery or Farmhouse Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2013, 10:17