We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

Cowes, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

My friend is getting married in Lucca end of April, and I've been tasked with hunting for a hairdresser/stylist. They are using a wedding planner but very expensive quote for hair. Any one know of a mobile hair stylist that could go to a villa just outside Lucca. Alternatively, salon within the walls maybe. Have found Sagar but website in Italian ( obviously!) and my Italian is non-existent. So looking forward to my first trip to Tuscany!

Thanks

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

Hi,

I use Nam Lov when in lucca but they don't have a website and they don't speak english, does anyone in your group speak Italian?

mesh

Cowes, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

Hello, thanks, that was quick! No Italian speakers as far as I know unfortuanately but will check.

Lucca, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

I'm in Lucca now and really need my hair done, as well as my 14 year old sons - and my Italian is nowhere good enough to explain what I want done.

Can anyone help with a recommendation - we're here for the rest of the week.

Thanks

Jacqui

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

Hi Jacqui,

I remember seeing an advert in the monthly english language magazine called "The Grapvine" that's on sale in Lucca for this hairdresser. Luigi Hair Salon: open from Tuesday to Saturday without closing for lunch at 3 Piazza San Frediano, Lucca .

mesh

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

Hi, My name is Jacqui - This is on my husbands membership. I did manage to find a great place near where we are staying called Sagar - via V .Emanuele 36, Lucca, phone 0583 584817, they treated us very kindly and there is an Italian girl who spoke a little English, we took in pictures of the cuts we wanted along with a few Italian sentences to explain, I and my son were both happy with our hair cuts and the service we received, I am even going back for a color tomorrow. Jacqui

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

Hi Jacqui,

Pleased you found a place that has an english speaking assistant and that you were happy with the service you received, I might give them a go when back in Lucca in a few weeks time.

mesh

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

Thanks Mesh. Jacqui missed your last response and so went elsewhere.

Got the recommendation for Sagar from Andrea at Not Ordinary Ways who we booked our apartment through.

So hes helped out in several very useful ways to make our holiday a success.

Cheers

Paul

8. Re: Hairdresser for wedding in Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 14:17