We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pasticceria Buralli.

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
4 reviews
Pasticceria Buralli.

FYI, if anyone is interested pasticceria Buralli is moving out of Piazza del Carmine to a new location in via San Girolamo 32, just along from gelateria Paniko with effect from 31st October 2018.

mesh

5 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Pasticceria Buralli.

I'll look for it. It''s a favorite of mine.

TAB

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Pasticceria Buralli.

My husband goes each morning to buy our cornetti from there, except on Mondays when they're closed then he buys them from Caffe Boccherini in Via Sant'Anastasio. The new location is just a few steps from our usual apartment rental.

mesh

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Pasticceria Buralli.

Thank you Mesh for the information

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Pasticceria Buralli.

luca m, you're most welcome!

mesh

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
453 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: Pasticceria Buralli.

Buralli are just the latest of the old established pasticceria to make a change. Dianda from via della Rosa have recently opened a new branch towards the bottom of San Paulino, and Pinelli have opened a branch out of town at Lunata. In these two cases though the original sites will remain open. Buralli opened their other outlet outside the walls about 7 or 8 years ago (from memeory). These moves are ultimately a consequence of the ZTL, all three have significant business for catering orders, it’s impossible for people to park and pick orders, the existing locations of Buralli and Dianda are suffering, Piazza Carmine and della Rosa are virtually dead to passing flow and rely on older regulars for daily trade, so to seek an increase in passing trade particularly the tourist trade is the only way to stay inside the walls and open. I doubt many of those that think ZTL are tourist traps will realise the significance of the effect on a number of local business that can no longer access local traffic. Until the old market in Carmine is refurbished, and that is years away, the square not revive, I doubt anyone will take the Buralli premises soon.

Edited: 21 October 2018, 08:50
Reply to: Pasticceria Buralli.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted