We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
Mosquitos

Hi,

Are Mosquitos likely to be a problem In Lucca during early October ? Thanks

15 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,188 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Mosquitos

Why would it be worse than anywhere else? There are no big pools of stagnant water.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,966 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitos

I doubt there would be a particular problem - but that’s not to say there won’t be any around.

My sister got some nasty bites a couple of years ago in late September but to be honest, she’s not sure if she got them just before we left the Ligurian Coast, before arriving in Lucca.

Personally, I would take precautions.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Mosquitos

Thank you Maudsters for your helpful reply. We will take repellant with us just in case.

Level Contributor
3,289 posts
102 reviews
4. Re: Mosquitos

While I usually travel during the summer to Italy I have gotten bites many times in various places including Tuscany. Every time I get lazy with the insect repellant, I am sorry. I think some people are just more prone to bites and having their bites get infected and inflamed where they last for days. If you know that is you I suggest taking precautions.

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Mosquitos

There was a lot of heavy rain in Lucca last week, the water channels just outside the walls overflowed covering most of the adjacent grass areas so there might be some mozzies there. If you walk along Via del Fosso with the water course in the middle you may also come across some.

mesh

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Mosquitos

Yes, they seem to love us ! Thank you

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
7. Re: Mosquitos

That’s great to know. Thank you

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Mosquitos

See link for photo: https:/…maltempo-pioggia-1.4126328

mesh

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
9. Re: Mosquitos

Thanks

WEST LOTHIAN
Level Contributor
220 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Mosquitos

To anyone searching this topic I am just back from a wonderful stay in Lucca..worst bites I have ever had..I used mosquito milk ..it usually helps me deter the little blighters in Spain this is worse bout I have ever had

Reply to: Mosquitos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted