We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucca Summer Festival 2019

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
4 reviews
Lucca Summer Festival 2019

First act to be announced for 2019 is Sir Elton John, Sunday 7th July. Tickets go on sale this coming Saturday 21st July 2018: www.summer-festival.com/events/546/elton-john

mesh

Edited: 16 July 2018, 12:51
14 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
280 posts
479 reviews
1. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

Just got a notice about this. I've never been to this festival before...is there a link for new people that tells one "how to festival?"

Thx!

Edited: 16 July 2018, 20:02
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

pyegirl, I've absolutely no idea if such a web page exists!

mesh

Lucca
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

The Lucca Summer Festival is basically a series of scheduled concerts during the month of July. Every year they have a fantastic lineup. You need to pre purchase tickets, usually well in advance (depends on the performer/group). There is a choice of seats or standing, priced accordingly. Most events are held in Piazza Napoleone in the historic centre of Lucca. In my experience, it is relaxed event, well organised, great atmosphere. Just another reason to love Lucca.

Check out this link for more https:/…

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

Lucca Festival is not a music festival in the sense of muddy fields, multiple bands, campsites and debauchery. It's a series of events spread over the summer months catering to many differing styles of music.

The Piazza Napoleone is an intimate square in the centre of a medieval town and is an atmospheric venue for great music.

Lucca itself is a fascinating place, especially if you love history, culture and Tuscan food & is only 30 minutes from Pisa by train.

Visited last year and will be back next year.

Neuburg an der...
1 post
5. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

We were there in 2015 and 2016. We have stars like: Lenny Kravitz, Billy Idol, Prodigy, Snup Dog, Miss Lauren Hill, Robbie Williams, Mark Knopfler, and others.

considered.

Absolutely recommendable !!

With music sizes you should be there very early to get a good standing room. At RW we were there at 14 o'clock and the concert started at 21 o'clock.

If you had bought the tickets for all the concert in Germany we would never have come to any concerts.

Prei performance is the best I've experienced in open airs. Greetings from Germany / Bavaria. :)

Norbert Fischill

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

Given that the Elton John tickets for his UK date are going for hundreds of pounds, it seems too good to be true that 'posto in piedi' (standing?) tickets are available in Lucca for only 59E each. Is that right?! It also seems you can buy them to pick them up on the day as opposed to a 20E delivery charge to the UK.

It seems as if it would almost be cheaper to make a mini holiday out of going to see him in Lucca rather than in Cardiff. Do you have to buy a general admissions ticket to the festival itself as well? I'm wondering where the catch is.

Edited: 16 September 2018, 10:36
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

Just checked the: https://www.ticketone.it/tickets.html site and it states "Posto In Piedi No tickets currently available". I've picked up tickets on the day for some concerts and no you don't have to buy a general admissions ticket.

mesh

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

Oh wow - it looks like I may have snapped up the last ones available!

I thought it might be too good to be true, but also wondered, what if it isn't? So I bought some tickets and hoped someone would reply to my post!

So it seems I have got an amazing bargain?!

Edited: 16 September 2018, 12:52
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

Hi Juliet, sometimes they release tickets in batches so you got lucky with your purchase. He has played in Lucca before; 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011, and 2015. We have picked up tickets bought online at the office on the corner of Piazza del Giglio just by Piazza Napoleone. We will be in Lucca but will listen to that concert from our rental apartment.

mesh

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Lucca Summer Festival 2019

Second act to be announced for 2019 is Take That, Friday 28th June.

mesh

Reply to: Lucca Summer Festival 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted