We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

I plan to go to Lucca on 28/07/2018 for a day trip and return to Florence after dinner (around 21:00) . I expected that there are direct trains from Lucca to Firenze SMN , but when I checked the trenitalia website, I do not see any direct trains. All solutions that the website shows require changing the train at Pisa.

I changed my search to an earlier date (e.g. 6/7/2018) and there are direct trains every hour. Why can't I find those trains on 28/7/2018? Is the schedule not out yet or those direct trains do not run on that date???

Thanks for all of your help.

8 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,267 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

There will be trackwork during July, and the direct line will be closed. There are frequent buses from Lucca to Florence.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,027 posts
2. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

The buses from Lucca to Florence do not run on Sundays. For times, click Firenze-Lucca under Documenti Allegati at the top right hand side of lucca.cttnord.it/Lucca_Firenze_Estiva/P/533

By train, there are also cheaper options on the normal route rather than via Pisa. But these required transfer onto a Trrenitalia bus between Montecatini and Pistoia, to bypass the section of the line which is closed for improvement works.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
3. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

Thanks very much for both of your help ^_^ I'll think about it.

WEST LOTHIAN
Level Contributor
221 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

Anyone know how long the track work disruption will last?

Province of...
Level Contributor
149 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

Hi,

from July 16th to September 1st.

WEST LOTHIAN
Level Contributor
221 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

Thank you Tommaso..not coming out there till mid September.so we will be able to have the direct trains.😁

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
83 reviews
7. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

I did Firenze (SM Novella) to Lucca last Sunday (15/07/2018) by a Regionale train around noon time - no buses needed anywhere. The train made it's journey in about 75 -80 minutes or so.

Rutherglen...
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
8. Re: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found

You need to look for trains leaving Florence to Viareggio. Lucca is on this line. There are assistants at the train station in Florence that will help you locate appropriate train/ platform. They speak enough english to help you.

Reply to: No direct train from Lucca to Florence found
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted