We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duomo di San Martino area at night

Level Contributor
51 posts
79 reviews
Duomo di San Martino area at night

Hi.Wr are thinking of booking an apartment which is located behind the Duomo di San Martino.Does anybody know what that area would be like at night?Many thanks..ferrykat.

12 replies to this topic
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
4 reviews
11. Re: Duomo di San Martino area at night

ferrykat, this info might be of some use; here is a list of some places that I frequently shop at when staying in Lucca each summer. Tuccori on Via Santa Croce for prepared food, deli items eg. grilled veg, salads and cooked meats, ragu (I take loads back home) and if you like lasagne theirs is the best both my husband and I have tasted, usually they make it on Thursdays and Saturdays. They also have a butchers counter at the back of the shop from which I found the meat to be of very good quality. Veg and fruit from Ortofrutta in Piazza Salvatore, you choose your produce, then get it weighed and are given a ticket which you take to the cashier and make the payment. For focaccia and breads Forno Casali (personally I think it sells the best in Lucca) which is near the end of Via Guinigi also Forno Amedeo Giusti on Via Santa Lucia (behind Piazza San Michele). Cakes, Pasticceria Buralli in Piazza del Carmine, Pasticceria Dianda in Via della Rosa and for lovely tarts Panificio Chifenti on Via San Paolino. For wine we find that the supermarket Esselunga, just outside the walls on Viale Carlo del Prete, has a good selection at reasonable prices.

mesh

Level Contributor
51 posts
79 reviews
12. Re: Duomo di San Martino area at night

Again..Thank you Mesh and SuffolkLucchesse for all this information.Just reading about the food and wine is mouthwatering☺ferrykat.

Reply to: Duomo di San Martino area at night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted