We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Mille Miglia 2018

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
La Mille Miglia 2018

Does anyone know the timing and route this will take through Lucca?

11 replies to this topic
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

This is from the last time (2015) when La Mille Miglia passed through Lucca. "Arrival in the city of the first car at 15.30 hours. Entrance from Porta San Pietro, uphill on the wall at the bastion of San Colomba, tour of the urban walls (in the direction of Port'Elisa) with timed tests at the Bastion San Paolino, continuation in direction of Cafe Delle Mura with descent towards Corso Garibaldi . The cars continue to Piazza Napoleone, through via San Girolamo. Time control in Piazza Napoleone, at the Ducal palace. You will reach Piazza Amphitheater, passing from Piazza San Michele, Piazza San Salvatore, via San Giorgio, via Fillungo, Piazza Stonecutters. Continue to Piazza San Frediano and Via della Cavallerizza before and Piazza Santa Maria After, the cars leave from the historic center of Lucca through Porta Santa Maria."

When I find out the details for this year I will post on my thread: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

mesh

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

Thank you very much Mesh..

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

You're welcome, oops just noticed "Piazza Stonecutters" should read Piazza degli Scalpellini.

mesh

United States
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

There is a lunch break at 12:30 in Monteriggione before heading to Lucca which is 1.5 to 2 hours away depending on the route. So I would expect them mid-afternoon.

TAB

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

So looks likely to be the same time as 2015 "Arrival in the city of the first car at 15.30 hours".

mesh

Edited: 17 April 2018, 16:22
Taipei, Taiwan
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

Does anyone have idea abut where will MM do lunch in Monteriggione?

If I plan to drive there and see vintage cars stopped there, is this doable?

Much thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

You won't be able to miss them. They will fill up the center of the small village.

TAB

West Midlands
Level Contributor
388 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

Arriving Lucca May 17th, imagine there will be some good photographic opportunities. Is it easy to get good vantage points?

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

WestMidlandsLizzy, this video is from the last time La Mille Miglia stopped off in Lucca, 2015, may give you some ideas for vantage point : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVrM_YGgXY

mesh

Benfleet, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Mille Miglia 2018

Please could someone advise us of how best to view the Mille Miglia 2018. We move accommodation from Pienza to San donato in poggio, Tuscany on wed 16 May and would love to see the Mille Miglia. We wonder where the race will be and where to park - view the race as struggling to find help on the internet!! thanks PJ

Reply to: La Mille Miglia 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted