We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aperitivo and Pizza

Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aperitivo and Pizza

We are planning a day trip to Lucca (our first time) on a Monday in May. We will need to catch a train back to Florence, so are thinking perhaps we should opt for aperitivo and/or really great pizza and wine rather than a lengthy dinner. We would love to sit outside if it's nice. I realize some things are closed on Monday. Can you help?

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Pizzeria da Felice
€, Italian, Pizza, Fast food
Pizzeria Stai Serena
€€ - €€€, Italian, Pizza
4 replies to this topic
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aperitivo and Pizza

For pizza go to the very small Pizzeria da Felice on Via Buia, that's the only place that I will eat pizza so there are long gaps before I can enjoy one!

mesh

Edited: 09 April 2018, 00:51
Mentioned in this post
Pizzeria da Felice
Pizzeria da Felice
905 Reviews
Lucca, Italy
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aperitivo and Pizza

Wow! That is discipline...and faithfulness! It looks great, and I appreciate the suggestion.

Two out of the three places listed on an old thread for aperitivo have closed. Is that not a popular thing in Lucca?

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
444 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aperitivo and Pizza

Aperativo is incredibly popular and you will find so many choices, it’s hard to suggest just one or two, as the locations are in a variety of attractive places, I would suggest you wander and find one you like the look of, generally I would avoid the amphitheatre as it’s the most touristy location in the city. If the ones listed are rally closed it’s likely to be a consequence of so many business starting up but unable to sustain a year long life once the tourists go h9me, with one or two exceptions l8e the sadly missed De Simo.

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aperitivo and Pizza

Janet A,"That is discipline...and faithfulness!". Not really as I'm not a fan of pizza but da Felice's for me are really nice.

As SuffolkLucchese suggests for aperitivo see what takes your fancy, if near Piazza San Francesco take a look at the places offering it there as their displays have always looked very inviting.

mesh

Reply to: Aperitivo and Pizza
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted