We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villages near Pisa with public transport

Ottery St. Mary...
Level Contributor
50 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Villages near Pisa with public transport

April 2018 my husband his guide dog and I fly into Pisa I do not want to drive abroad so we would need to use either trains or coaches to get to a destination which we would be staying at for 9 nights.

We live in the country in England so would prefer small villages / town but having a guide dog we would need to stay somewhere near a park or large garden for him to run around, hotels are a little difficult with a dog so I would look for self catering but until I can decide on a destination which is proving difficult I am not making much progress even though I have bought the Rough Guide but it does not help me with public transport or what might be the best destination for us, I would love to stay in a small village near a river or lake and olive groves or open countryside which also had small shop to buy supplies but realise this is probably not possible using public transport.

My other consideration is I will need to attend a vet a couple of days before leaving as I need to prove the dog has been wormed prior to flying home so any info on how to find a vet near where we stay also appreciated.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated

3 replies to this topic
South East England...
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villages near Pisa with public transport

San Giuliano Terme might be worth you investigating as it's on both the train and bus route from Pisa and has a vet "Ambulatorio Veterinario S. Giuliano Via XX Settembre S. Giuliano Terme, 31," Just to state that I've only ever driven through there.

mesh

Ottery St. Mary...
Level Contributor
50 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villages near Pisa with public transport

Thank you for your helpful information I will look into that location. Just booked our flights because we can only book flight if the extra leg room seats are available which is some times difficult because they often go quickly but airlines will only let guide dogs travel in those seats so now I must get the accommodation sorted.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villages near Pisa with public transport

You're most welcome, I've no personal experience of air travel to Italy as flying is not an option for us, we always drive from the UK to Lucca, Tuscany.

mesh

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Villages near Pisa with public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lucca
Recent Conversations