We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid February

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mid February

Hi we are visiting Lucca in mid February for a week, will restaurants, shops, tours etc or will it be quite seasonal? Also will the weather be ok for this time of year .

Thanks

Mark n Nicola

1 reply
Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
444 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid February

The weather is anyones guess, over the years I have gone from cold but bright and clear to one year when basically the whole of Italy was snowed in except Lucca and Pisa- thats no trains or buses anywhere even to Florence. Although you might find the occasional shop closed its unlikely to be really noticeable, the main closures now happen in November immediately after Comics and Games. Same for the restaurants, in fact those I would say you want to go in, ie those that cater for locals and not mainly tourists should be open. Not sure about tours as I don't use them, but unless you want to go to vineyards etc I am not sure there is anything you would not want to do under your own steam to be honest. Even vineyards you can organise locally with someone like Tau Touring if you really want to go..

Reply to: Mid February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted