We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence Planetarium

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
81 reviews
Save Topic
Florence Planetarium

Has anyone ever visited the Planetarium in Florence? We are travelling there with our 3 boys in April and thought it might be a welcome break for them from all that art and architecture.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence Planetarium

Hi... Considering that you post was last year and I could not find any reviews on this subject. Did you end up visiting the planetarium? And if so was it worth it?

Briton, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence Planetarium

I was astonished when I saw it, there was an astronomy planetarium right in front on me. I’m a celestial phenomenon lover so I took my wife without asking her if she wanted to see it. It was an opportunity I didn’t want to lose, so I took it .I couldn’t imagine to see one there in Florence going through the historical roads and sites. Absolutely fantastic they had actual astronomers organizing the visits. They had reproduction of the celestial bodies , it was like looking at it in 3D. amazing

It’s not big but it’s worth it.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence Planetarium

Lovers of matters celestial should check out the "Old Sacristy" of the basilica of San Lorenzo.

Lovers of ancient astronomical instruments will be happy exploring the facade of the church of Santa Maria Novella.

If you're standing in front of the basilica of San Lorenzo, look behind you, up and over your shoulder. Perched on top of the palazzi is the Osservatorio Ximenes, the 18th century meteorological and geophysical observatory still very much in use today!

4. Re: Florence Planetarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 07:20