We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

Since my Italian is poor and my usual souvenir are art reproductions. Anyone know if the Uffizi and the other art galleries in Florence sell good packable reproductions. If not any suggestions to find some while I am there?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

Uh also im hoping to go to Pisa/Siena so any ideally historically relevant local souvenirs. I know its hokey but something that best represents each location besides the typically minature leaning tower of pisa/effiel tower/big ben that sort of thing. Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

For art reproductions in Florence have a look at the gift shop at the Bargello Museum which sells miniature copies of some of the sculptures on display.

Whilst in Siena fun souvenirs to buy are those items decorated in the Contrada insignias - flags, plates and mugs etc. This website shows examples: www.artistica.com/category.aspx…

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

Some of the best reproductions are ceramics - busts, painted plates and vases. Donatello's bust of Uzzano is widely reproduced, for example. Excellent copies in bronze are also available from at least one shop in the historical centre. I'm away from my address book right now but will come back on this unless someone else can.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

I love these replies so far and am going in my trip notebook. Since normally when i go to english speaking countries i come back with a suitcase full of books this time its less of an issue I like those sienese plates.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

The Uffizi has a pretty extensive gift shop where you can get reproductions of the paintings in any form. If you want posters, etc, they have plenty in the gallery bookshop in different sizes, you can have them rolled for easy traveling.

In Siena, one of the best historical souvenirs is something to do with the Palio horserace - like the colourful scarves/banners of the contrade (districts) that race. You'll see them in Piazza del campo.

6. Re: Gift Shops/Good Reproductions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 14:15