We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidaylettings.co.uk

Leeds
Level Contributor
197 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Holidaylettings.co.uk

Hi has anyone booked accommodation (villas) in tuscany through holidaylettings.co.uk. What are your experinces? Are they reliable and deliver what it says on the tin? Thanks

venice
Level Contributor
509 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

to travel around the world I always use this

www.homelidays.com

bye

Leeds
Level Contributor
197 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

Thanks estief3 but I'd looked at your site already. Just found better ones from holidaylettings. But will double check if your recommended site will have any worth considering. Thanks for the tip!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,662 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

I have booked through them, homelidays and holiday-rentals, but the website is merely a space for individuals to advertise their properties. The website itself does absolutely nothing to check the places out and, as you will see if you check the small print, takes no responsibility for the standard of accommodation.

I have never had a problem myself, but I do remember someone on here complaining that the accommodation was nothing like advertised from one of these sites, I honestly can't remember which one. I think it is a good idea to book a place which has reviews from people who have rented before, they go through the website and so cannot be fakes put up by the owner, although I believe the owner does have the right to reject reviews before they are posted!

But as I said, I have rented from all of them and have always had excellent accommodation.

4. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2008, 20:18
England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

I've boooked through holidaylettings.co.uk before and have never had a problem. If you're concerned about whether the owner is legit you can always give them a call and they'll answer any questions.

If you do book, always try speak to the owner on the phone rather than relying on email contact.

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

Hi there,

Never used holidaylettings.co.uk but can recommend you http://www.tuscanviews.com I use them since 2005, I'e stayed at Il mAggio, Terrazzo, Casanuova and Tramonto, all of them absolutely perfect. It is a small Company but veryprofessional and the manager lives locally, she personally visits the villas and know the area very well.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

AVOID holidaylettings.co.uk at all costs they have recently been attacked by fraudsters advertising villas that do not exist on their websites resulting in a multi million £ fraud currently being investigated by the police. Refer to the timesonline enter Morairaway.com in the search engine to witness the full extent of the fraud.

Holidaylettings.co.uk have unwittingly created financial loss stress and duress for many families furthermore they will not recompense any families for the losses they have caused. This is somewhat alarming given this fraud has arisen as a direct result of their vetting process.

They are owned by rightmove.co.uk one assumes they share the same business ethics. AVOID AT ALL COSTS DO NOT USE

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,662 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

Looks like holidaylettings and holiday-rentals both carried these ads. I don't get the feeling from the articles that their vetting procedures caused this though, more like the fraudulant comapny did a very good job of seeming totally legitimate.

It seems that holiday-rentals offer a money back guarantee if you register for it, which is reassuring for future users. Perhaps holidaylettings will come up with something similar after this.

Absolutely awful for the people who have been scammed though.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

Hi,

I am also one of these unsuspecting victims (not sure of being a victim of the fraudster or Holiday Lettings). I certainly would not recommend this Company in the future.

I work in the law industry and I believe that there is a strong case to make a small claims court application against the Company, but am waiting for my Household Insurance Company to make a decision about whether they will cover me for this situation.

Regards,

Rick

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holidaylettings.co.uk

Rick I am sorry to hear the news that you have suffered too as a result of this scam. I have been advised that I am not insured by my own insurers LLoyds TSB under written by AXA and I am out of pocket as a result. Like you I would be prepared to take legal action against holidaylettings.co.uk given their vetting process led to us all being scammed. Incidentally the other effected rental company holidayrentals.co.uk are paying all victims but holidaylettings are remaining steadfast stating they are not to blame and it our loss and they have no responsability to us.

If you would pass on your contact details phone number I will call you to evaluate options jointly if this helps.

Regards Dave