We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Taormina

Kilkenny, Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in Taormina

Getting married in June in taormina. Anyone get married there or been to a wedding there? Any ideas what restuarant to go to for reception. Wedding at 11am, they don't do afternoon weddings. What do we do for the day with 50 guests?

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Taormina

My advice to you would be take to a take short trip to Sicily to organise this so you can see for yourself what suits you, I know Taormina quiet well and I had the same idea as its a very nice place especially to get married. I actually know a place which could be perfect although I dont know what its called. Its a the top of the main stretch of street on the right hand side. It has a very big marbled floor square in front with a great view of the sea and places to do the pictures. Hope that helps

Aci Trezza, Sicily
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Taormina

I live about 30 minutes south of Taormina. Our favorite place to go is the San Domenico. It is an old monastery that was redone that has a beautiful garden in the back that is overlooking the ocean. That could be a pretty place for a lunch.

Taormina in the summer time is very happening. Your guests could just wander around the streets that have plenty of shopping. They could see the Greek/Roman ruins of the amphitheater. There is also a gondola that goes down to the beach. So, it is definitely worth a whole day of wandering around. I think Taormina is probably the best little town in Sicily...

Good luck...

JNeptune Beach FL
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Wow, I couldnt think of a more wonderful place! What to do for the afternoon...Italians do weddings a little differently than Americans do - i.e. no band. The newlyweds walk around handing out (jordan) almonds and its a more sedate affair. So if you will really want to discuss with the place hosting it YOUR expectations. They will probably offer to do more of a sit down lunch with multiple courses. Then everyone takes a 2 hour nap (or changes to go sightseeing). There is so much to see and do in Taormina. Maybe plan for everyone to head down to the beach on the cable cars or walk to the theatre ruins overlooking the sea. The pictures will be amazing. If you are thinking of being married in a church - they do that a little portion is also different so you definitely want to work that out in advance.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Taormina

I am also getting married in Taormina on June 28 and have 50 guests, and we have no idea of where to have a reception and we would like somthing outdoors. Have you made a trip to Taormina since writing and if so have you any sugestions. All the best Marty

dublin
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Hi olje,

Just wondering how your wedding went in June. We've just arranged ours for September 07 - have booked the church del' o Varo and Casa Grugno for the reception. Our ceremony is at 5pm. Any tips or advice you can give.....

dublin
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Taormina

let me no how you got on im getting married there next year.id love to hear how you got on

lysa

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Taormina

I'm getting married in August at the Villa Sant'Andrea, just down the cable car from Taormina on the beach. I visited The Grand Hotel Timeo and a few other gorgeous places, but ultimately found the Sant'Andrea to be the most beautiful. Pricey but hopefully worth it!

New Zealand
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Im getting married in October 08 we have the reception arranged up at castelmola but am not sure about the church. We have 50 guests and want somewhere private and beautiful!

Any ideas? My partner is Catholic and I am not I have heard its difficult for a mixed marriage works?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,734 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Do you want to get married in a civil ceremony, in a church, a hotel????

Civil Weddings:

bouquetsandbows.com/civilweddingsinsicily.ht…

Church Weddings:

bouquetsandbows.com/churchweddingsinsicily.h…

Taormina's Churches - Click on Taormina: The city's history in its churches....

http://www.gate2taormina.com/taormina_en.htm

Vagabonda

drogheda
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Getting married in taormina in sept 08 at 5pm want to have few drinks and finger food/buffet afterwards any ideas??

Get answers to your questions about Taormina
Recent Conversations