We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for cagliari - first time

2 posts
Suggestions for cagliari - first time

We will be visiting Cagliari from the 12th to 19th August .

All we have booked so far are the flights.

How is best to plan and where is best to stay

3 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Suggestions for cagliari - first time

Stay in the city centre, which is very walkable.

The main beach Poetto can be easily reached by public bus from the city centre.

The 15 August is a public holiday in Italy, so most shops will be closed; restaurants will be open.

For ideas on what to see, check out the tourist board website, which is also in English. http://www.cagliariturismo.it/en/places

London, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Suggestions for cagliari - first time

Just been there for five days. I think you will struggle to find things to fill your days for seven days, even with a siesta, which I recommend, so plan a day trip or two out, I think. There are trains to various places - we didn't do that though. Or hire a car.

The beach at Poetta is very good, and quite busy, and there is a separate cove and small marina nearby we didnt get to. If you like a beach, then two or three mornings or evenings would be spent nicely there. Take a bus from in front of the train station.

There is a lot of nice old city to wander round, with a few museums and churches to see. The botanic gardens are small, shady and beautiful. In the evenings the Marina area is busy and they eat late - about nine or ten. It's a good place to stay.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Suggestions for cagliari - first time

The website shared is good but overwhelming - there are 129 places of interest in the History category but I have found some 4 things of interest - Su Nuraxi (Barumini), Nora, Museo dell'Arte Mineraria (Iglesias), Mineria di Su Zurfuru (Fluminimaggiore) but will it be possible to get public transport and will they be open on the public holiday 15 August? Thanks

Reply to: Suggestions for cagliari - first time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cagliari
Recent Conversations