We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Cervo or Baia Sardinia?

Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Porto Cervo or Baia Sardinia?

I know this question has been asked before but we are also trying to decide between Porto Cervo and Baia Sardinia. We will be spending 3 nights and have a car so we will be able to travel between them.The hotels we are looking at are:

1) Grand Relais de Nuraghi - Baia Sardinia

2) Hotel Luci de la Montagna - Porto Cervo

Doing a full day boat tour of Madallena out of Palau is something we would like to do. Otherwise we could like to visit villages, lunch and dinner out, lounge by the pool, possibly a little beach time.

I liked the looks of the Baia Sardinia hotel as it is in walking distance to Phi Beach and a few nice restaurants. We don't want to drive at night at all. Not sure if cabs are readily available? It seems the Porto Cervo hotel I have mentioned is about 20 minute walk to the marina or any restaurants. It seems many of the Porto Cervo hotels are farther from the marina or restaurants? Is Baia Sardinia more walkable would you say?

I have read that the marina area and shops are quite quiet during the day and only wakes up at night?

Any thoughts either way?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
s wales
Level Contributor
606 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Porto Cervo or Baia Sardinia?

We have stayed in Baia twice and return next Summer and visited Porto for the day. We love Baia as there are enough shops and cafes to keep us entertained for a week as it is such a self contained pretty little area with the small shopping, eating areas within an easy walk if fit and well. We always stay in La Bisaccia which is right near the beach in a lovely picturesque position. I used to run along the road that takes you to Phi beach and have a nose but it didn't rock my boat. Probably too old at 53 to appreciate it's attraction lol. If you want everything in a walkable/strollable distance then Porto Cervo may not be the place for you as it was more spread out and much bigger. We loved the visit and yachts though. Amazing place to visit and people watch.

Edited: 14 September 2018, 03:27
s wales
Level Contributor
606 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Porto Cervo or Baia Sardinia?

My understanding is that taxi's are very expensive in the region. So we always have a private prebooked transfer through Citalia which is a lovely Mercedes usually and the drivers tell us great stories of the celebs they have chauffeured from yachts in Porto to the airport.

Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Porto Cervo or Baia Sardinia?

this is great....thanks for the tips! (ps 53 is young!)

Reply to: Porto Cervo or Baia Sardinia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted