We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sardinia in September

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sardinia in September

Hi all!

I am travelling to Sardinia for the first time in September with my boyfriend (I'm 29, he's 31). We are flying to Cagliari on 6th September and I was thinking of hiring a car to drive up towards Olbia and stay there for a couple of nights then head back to Cagliari for the remaining 4 days. I want to stay near Olbia as we'd like to have a couple of nights going out and this seems the best area to stay, do correct me if I'm wrong! Any advice on the best area to stay so we can visit some bars and clubs near Olbia and then where to stay in near Cagliari would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
Olbia
Olbia
Sardinia, Italy
Agriturismo Su Connottu
€€ - €€€, Italian, Mediterranean
Agriturismo Calavrina
€, Italian, Mediterranean
2 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sardinia in September

In September, the resorts near Cagliari would be quiet.

Stay in Cagliari itself. It is a University city and very lively all year round.

There are lots of restaurants and bars expecially in La Marina quarter and along the Corso Vittorio Emanuele.

cagliariturismo.it/en/…where-to-eat-303

Mentioned in this post
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
Hotel Vittorio Emanuele
Hotel Vittorio Emanuele
407 Reviews
Sardinia, Italy
Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sardinia in September

Thank you! Do you think it would be feasible to travel by train up to Olbia, stay there for a couple of nights then head back down to Cagliari for the remainder of the holiday?

Mentioned in this post
Olbia
Olbia
Sardinia, Italy
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
Reply to: Sardinia in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted