We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something Like Marbella?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
45 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Something Like Marbella?

Hello,

Every summer we like to vacation in Marbella for a few weeks as it offers beaches, shopping, entertainment for kids etc... in Marbella all the major retail shops exist along with big chains of supermarkets, department stores etc... and there are plenty of restaurant options. You can get around easily in a car and everything is very convenient and easy, particularly when trying to coordinate such a large group of adults and kids.

This year we wanted to try something different for a change. Does Sardinia offer something similar? If yes, which part of Sardinia do you recommend? If not, any other recommendations?

Appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
8 replies to this topic
1. Re: Something Like Marbella?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 March 2018, 08:29
Edited: 10 March 2018, 08:29

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,249 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something Like Marbella?

No.

The closest would be somewhere like Porto Cervo and it bears only a passing resemblance to Marbs.

Mentioned in this post
Porto Cervo
Porto Cervo
Sardinia, Italy
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
45 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something Like Marbella?

Thanks Douglas, any recommendations for anything else like Marbs in Europe?

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Norwich, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Something Like Marbella?

I agree, the only places to slightly resemble Marbella in Sardina is Puerto Cervo - but no really. Very over priced, smaller, I wouldn't bother if you are looking for something Marbella like - Not that I didn't love Sardinia, but very very different.

What about Nerja - only an hour away from Marbs but I love it - I actually prefer it.

Also Split in Croatia? I went last year and wasn't expecting the glitz and Glamour - very nice with lots of bars and restaurants - no sandy beaches but plenty of beautiful pebbly ones, I loved Croatia could also do a day trip to Hvar - very very stunning island.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Something Like Marbella?

Luckily Sardinia has nothing comparable to Marbella and any other destination of mass turism...

In any case a place that combines night life, commecial streets, a huge choice of restaurants, good services and beatuful beaches is Alghero.

That's the best.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Something Like Marbella?

I don't realize the meaning of the other people who answered. LOL.

Porto Cervo has nothing to spare with Marbella. Porto Cervo is a destination for billionairs....

Mentioned in this post
Porto Cervo
Porto Cervo
Sardinia, Italy
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Norwich, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Something Like Marbella?

We are talking about Puerto Banus, Marbella -Many similarities to Porto Cervo

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus
Marbella, Spain
Porto Cervo
Porto Cervo
Sardinia, Italy
La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Something Like Marbella?

I agree I would think that Porto Cervo could be considered to be not too dissimilar to Puerto Banus although the overdevelopment means it has probably outgrown its original chicness as could probably Forte Dei Marmi on the mainland

Mentioned in this post
Porto Cervo
Porto Cervo
Sardinia, Italy
Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus
Marbella, Spain
Reply to: Something Like Marbella?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted