We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I find secluded beaches ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Can I find secluded beaches ?

Hello all

Thinking of going to Sardinia as I want a snorkelling based holiday HOWEVER it seems like the best beaches are small and so full of people (and boats) which I want to avoid (as well as parking charges and hikes). Is it possible to find good beaches with few people ?

Also where should I stay ? apparently the Costa Smeralda is the best place for beaches so I'm looking at flying in to Oblia.

I'd also be interested to know how much a week is going to cost me as I'm mindful it seems to attract the wealthy.

Thanks for all your help

Mentioned in this post
Costa Smeralda
Costa Smeralda
Sardinia, Italy
3 replies to this topic
Turin
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I find secluded beaches ?

https:/…cala-luna

You are looking for a place like this, aren't you? Like the rest of the world.

London
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I find secluded beaches ?

If you avoid the "designer" resorts such as Porto Cervo, Sardinia is not expensive for food & drink. I stay in a nice B&B in Porto Frailis and only pay 65 Euros per night for a large Double room, private bathroom and good breakfast. The expense comes from flights or ferries and the high cost of Car Hire.

In and around Oglistra, we can eat and drink very well for around 50 euros, with a good pizza each and drinks coming to just 35 Euros or a Blow out Fish meal at the local fishing cooperative coming to about 70 Euros. Even the best restaurants in the area would only cost around 100 Euros for 2, unless you drank expensive wines.

The best beaches do get crowded, simply because they are some of the best beaches in Europe. However outside of August there are plenty of beaches that are not too crowded and most have no or low parking fees.

Mentioned in this post
Porto Cervo
Porto Cervo
Sardinia, Italy
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Europe
Europe
World
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I find secluded beaches ?

there are thousands secluded beaches in Sardinia....you just need to walk a lot or rent a raft to reach them....

ps: Costa Smeralda is not the best place for beaches, it's the best place if you look for luxury. Any corner of the island is "the best place of beaches"

Edited: 17 March 2018, 04:44
Mentioned in this post
Costa Smeralda
Costa Smeralda
Sardinia, Italy
Reply to: Can I find secluded beaches ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted