We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
La Canada...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

We are staying in Verona mid-May, and would like to take an excursion via public transportation to Lake Garda.

I assumed the bus route would be here, but I can't find a listing for Sirmione:

…verona.it/atv_www/…atv_localita_S.html

Could you direct me to the appropriate schedule?

Also, if you were taking this excursion, would you just spend the day in Sirmione, or split your time and take a ferry elsewhere on the Lake to see the view from the ferry and another town, and return to Verona via a different route? And if you did so where would you go, and what are the logistics?

Thanks very much.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

www.trasportibrescia.it

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN026.pdf

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

The problem is that Sirmione, for just a few Kms, is in the province of Brescia, and the bus system is mainly on province scale. But as you see... there is something

Ciao

Francesco

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,213 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

Hi zatara, as well as taking the bus to Sirmione you also have the option of using the train to get from Verona to Lake Garda. There are two train stations at the south of the lake; in Desenzano and Peschiera. Sirmione is between the two. Check the timetables on the trenitalia website.

The ferry timetable for May is on: navigazionelaghi.it/eng/…nlg_ora_m1a_p.html (If you can print it our in PDF format then it will be easier to read and understand.)

You have many options using the boats on the lake. Just to give a few ideas:

1. Take the bus to Sirmione. After having a look round the town take a boat from there to Salo'. From Salo' take a boat to Desenzano and a train/bus back to Verona.

2. Take the bus to Sirmione. From there take a boat to Bardolino. Walk from Bardolino to Garda along the lake path (approx 45 minutes), then take a boat to Peschiera and a bus/train back to Verona.

3. Use the train/bus to get from Verona to Desenzano. Travel by boat from Desenzano to Sirmione and from there by boat to Peschiera. Take a bus/train back to Verona.

4. Bus to Sirmione. Go by boat from Sirmione to Salo'. Cross the lake to Garda then south to Peschiera. Bus/train back to Verona.

All of these suggestions should allow time to see the towns without rushing. Obviously there are many more combinations, and, depending how long you want to spend at the lake, you could go further north.

La Canada...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

Thank you all for your help.

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

I'm sure Heather won't mind if I stick my oar in after all these months !

Zatara, keep it simple, forget the train get the bus straight up to Garda and have a good look round and lunch. Then boat across to Sirmione and watch the day trippers slowly disappear. Then the Verona bus is no 26 at 20 minutes past every hour (thanks GAC) back home.

No Heather I havn't been ill or anything but nice to see your picture again, I've been working on family trees and such.

Bob.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,213 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

Hello Bob, welcome back! I have sent you a PM.

Great suggestion by the way to go to Garda first and then to Sirmione. So many possibilities... :o)

8. Re: Verona to Sirmione bus - Lake Garda day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 08:16