We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel without a name

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel without a name

What hotel is at 2347/A Santa Croce and has an indication of SAIT.SRL. Someone in Italy recommended it but doesn't provide a name.

UK
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel without a name

It doesn't look as though it's a hotel.

Try contacting this:

SAIT Inc. - S. Croce 2347 / A - VENICE

Tel +39.041.5244067 - Fax +39.041.5244045

P. IVA 03036450272 - CF 03036450272

info@saitve.it

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel without a name

Thank you venicelover UK,

You are correct; it's an apt. I wanted to know if it would be quiet and airy enough to sleep comfortably. When I called, the line dropped as soon as I began talking. It is on Santa Croce, 2347A and I don't have a clue as to whether it would be noisy or not. Sometimes, however, you can't go by the area as you must well know, it's the placement of the apt. I could also have a room (we are 3; 2 adults and an 11-year-old) in Lido at Villa Casanova that got great reviews. Of course it's nice to be in Venice itself, but I wouldn't like it if I couldn't sleep . The apartment offers one reg. sized and one smaller bedroom. (no breakfast). but if it's quiet, I wouldn't care about breakfast. I'd appreciate your feedback.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel without a name

You're worried about sleeping - in Venice? Venice is in bed by 11 pm. There are a few areas that are lively later into the night, but Santa Croce 2347 is certainly not in one of them. It's also not on the Grand Canal, so you won't hear the occasional night vaporetto. It's not near the Rialto market, so you won't hear the merchants unloading early in the morning. And if the odd footfall of a night pedestrian on the calle is going to wake you up, consider a hotel with sound insulation.

NYC is not normally considered a particularly quiet place...

Edited: 14 July 2011, 20:50
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel without a name

Thanks Zerlina for the info on Santa Croce 2347. Is that area Santa Croce charming? The other possibility (Casanova Venice ) looks idyllic from the photos. It's hard to judge if you don't see photos. Thanks a lot for your help. And by the way, my Manhattan apartment is very very quiet.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel without a name

Do you want to visit Venice or to stay in an idyllic semi-rural setting? That part of Santa Croce is as "charming" as most parts of Venice and quieter than many others.

I would never rent an apartment sight unseen. And certainly not from a company that is in the business of installing and maintaining electrical plants:

soloimprese.info/venezia/…1311700.html

Is this the place?

iha.com/Vacation-rental/…Rialto_44499_1.htm

If you want to stay in an apartment, I suggest you expand your research a little. There are dozens of rental agencies out there, all of whom post poctures.

UK
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel without a name

I didn't get the impression that the reference I found was to an apartment. Zerlina's link has the right address, apart from the /A, so I guess that's it. Almost any area of Venice has its charms - but then I am biased. There is very little 'night-life' to be found in Venice, so almost everywhere is quiet after 11 p.m.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel without a name

From the firms register:

Denominazione S.A.I.T. S.R.L.

Sede legale SESTIERE SANTA CROCE 2347/A - VENEZIA (VE) - 30135

Attività acquisto, manutenzione, restauro, vendita, ristrutturazione, locazione di immobili civili e commerciali. a) impianti di produzione, di trasporto, di distribuzione e di utilizzazione dell'energia elettrica all'interno degli edifici a ....

So, SANTA CROCE 2347/A are the legal headquarters of a firm. It may also (or may not) be the address of where they have something to rent. It may just be the office of that company....

Ciao

Francesco

8. Re: Hotel without a name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 09:19