We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing for Selva trip end of August

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Clothing for Selva trip end of August

Hi

Been to the lakes for the last nine years. Having a change this time round and going to Selva Val Gardena. I have been following the weather reports to get an idea of temperatures, rain etc.

Can anyone advise on what I should be taking ? No real plans on going too far into the mountains, just a few easy walks

thanks in advance

Steve

San Lorenzo di...
Destination Expert
for South Tyrol Dolomites
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing for Selva trip end of August

Hi Steve,

we're just at the end of a heat wave that you could also feel in the mountains. Today it cooled off quite a bit - fortunately. Normally, we have thunderstorms in the afternoons in July and August, towards mid August we used to experience a sudden fall in temperature - things have changed since the climatechange takes effekt. But anyway, bring along (next to standard hiking gear) also a long-sleeved top and long-sleeved underwear, a warmer jacket against cold winds, a cap, a pair of thin gloves and good, waterproof boots (you may be able to leave your warmer things in your hotel room if the forecast is for stable conditions on your hiking days - but you've got them with you in case of bad weather). That way you should be able to cope with any condition. As I said: keep an eye on the forecast, then you know what to leave in the hotel room and what to bring along.

Gerd

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing for Selva trip end of August

thanks Gerd

I shall update the packing person (my wife ;-))

I much appreciate you taking the time to reply

Steve

3. Re: Clothing for Selva trip end of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2018, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Trentino-Alto Adige
Recent Conversations