We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone tell me what this sign says?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone tell me what this sign says?

There is a parking sign in Italy that is the normal blue P but underneath it has an additional sign with the symbol for the disco orario accompanied by a religious cross and the word "prefestivi" as well as "2 ore." I would post a picture but can't find the upload option...

I know it's instructing me to use a parking disc (still need to buy one--didn't come with the rental car). But it specifies "prefestivi." Does that mean a disc is only needed on certain days? If so, which?

Grazie mille for the help!!!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone tell me what this sign says?

Is this parking space near a church? "Prefestivi" means the day/evening before a Sunday/holiday.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone tell me what this sign says?

Can you describe this cross? Normally what you see is crossed hammers in the shape of an "X", not a +.

Italy
Level Contributor
8,441 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone tell me what this sign says?

The cross is basically the opposite of the crossed hammers. It means the rule applies to Sunday and other holidays

4. Re: Can anyone tell me what this sign says?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2018, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Orta San Giulio