We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stresa in February 2019

Stresa in February 2019

Hi!

I am going to be travelling with my family (of 6 including myself) to Milan Malpensa Airport on the 12th to 20th of February and planned on staying in Stresa.

Did not really plan it too well as have seen many people mention most of the attractions are closed etc. (our first family trip).

But now that I have booked with RyanAir, there is no going back haha :(.

I wanted to know, if it is worth visiting Stresa, or diverting our route elsewhere for the Febraury trip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will not be taken for granted.

Many thanks!

1 reply
Dublin
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Stresa in February 2019

Winter is not the best time to base yourself in Stresa as many attractions will be closed and options for activities would be limited, especially if you get bad weather.

February is usually very cold, but you can still get some clear, crisp sunny days - perfect for a day trip.

Would base myself somewhere which offers more options, especially if the weather turns out to be bad. For example, Milan would be a good base for day trips and to visit museums, galleries and sightseeing when the weather is against you. Its also an optimal location for day trips when the weather is good, you could visit Stresa for the day, or Como, or even the Ligurian coast. Not to mention other towns and cities, Bergmano, Parma, Turin, even Venice if you get up early enough (though it will be around carnival time, so it will be very busy).

Alternatively, you could consider going to a ski resort, February is peak season and snow is all but guaranteed almost everywhere - might be a good way to pass 2-3 days, even if you don't have skiers in your family.

Are you planning to travel by car or by train? If you feel up to it, a car would offer more possibilities for day trips and visiting different areas. Though if you base yourself somewhere like Milan, then the train service is excellent for organizing day trips.

Reply to: Stresa in February 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stresa